Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fun Canvas Projects

Bryan and his dad built an office in our garage so both Pete and Aubrey could have their own rooms. It is awesome!! I am so glad they can have their own space which means Bryan and I can have our own space. Now, there is adequate room for everyone's clothes, toys and more room to play :)
As I was putting away the baby room stuff for Pete and getting new stuff for his room (which Nana & Grandad happily bought for him), I took down a canvas; I remember paying $40 for it. I decided then that I would color and create personalized canvases for them to save some money. I really had a lot of fun creating My kids some canvases and decided I would make some for some of my nieces. I plan to do more in the future. Here is what I cam up with.

A robot for Pete's room:
(a friend, Melissa Brown, drew the robot and I painted him)



Aubrey's room has beautiful bedding from target.
It was so fun making this one!! I saw the idea online from some pottery barn type store and decided I could make a bird like the one I saw. It was so fun because I went to Hobby Lobby and got to pick out all of the scrapbook patterned paper to match the bedding. Aubrey really liked the bird idea and LOVED the canvas which I am very happy about!
These last ones are some I made for my nieces, Evie, Allie, Alexa Bear and Lysie. I was so glad they liked them. I guess if they didn't, they could at least put them in their closets :) These made for fun, personalized, Christmas gifts.
NOTE: Allie, Alex & Lysie all share a room so I thought the three matching pictures would be appropriate.

No comments: